2017 - 2018 Education Catalog
The Board approved a budget that rightsized MSAE for the future and positions the organization to have a successful change in CEO leadership coming Fall of 2018. As a result, MSAE determined which programs to sunset and which to expand. In the upcoming months we will slowly roll out the following:
- - Offer four key events, all reinvented for member experience enhancement:
- - Annual Convention currently called ORGPRO
- - Legislative Conference
- - Fall Symposium
- - Winter Symposium
- - Focus on programs specific to the association sector and member needs.
- - Expand the use of Third Thought® - the online self-assessment and model documents library and podcasts for more "just-in-time"
curriculum and resources
- - Enhance the Government Affairs Academy
- - Evolve the Law Symposium into a legal resource response with live and recorded webinars as legal issues emerge
- - Redesign the fall Thanksgiving Brunch to a Lansing based program and a tech trade show
- - Redesign Awards to a Winter/Spring event in collaboration with a Detroit based education day
- - Integrate the CAE Summit into the Annual Convention
- - Expand communities of practice and use the ideas generated in the COPs to create programming for the Annual Convention and the
- - Recognize resource obsolesce by de-emphasizing the existing “hard copy” library by moving all possible association resources onto
- Offer more webinars and online communities of practice
Our new education catalog will be released in Fall 2018. It will help you identify the courses that will most benefit you and your team. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Stephanie Wohlfert, CMP or call 517-332-6723.
MSAE offers customized in-service training for your association. When you have a need for any training for your association, MSAE can create and provide it for you. Edward Woods III or call 517-332-6723.
Third Thought® Association Leader Development Model – Self Assessment
We put the learner in the driver’s seat, allowing you to chart your own course and choose content that fits your needs, learning style, time constraints and budget. Through an online self-assessment you will understand the gaps between your current level of knowledge and what you need to know to be master the 3 facets needed to be successful in this profession: Personal Awareness, Association Knowledge, and Industry Understanding. The completion of the self-assessment allows the you to develop your own professional development or learning plan.