Job Description: Serves as the chief staff officer under the direction of the Chairman and Board of Directors. Has the full authority and responsibility for all operations of AIHP.
Job Purpose: Lead the organization that promotes and supports the sustainability of independent small lodging hospitality establishments and allied partners in a changing environment through networking, advocacy, professional development and progressive business practice.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Lead the implementation of and participate in the creation of the Strategic Plan.
· Responsible for membership recruitment and retention.
· Raise monies as needed for projects and campaigns.
· Identify new partners and create new added value services as is fitting with the strategic plan.
· Outline and implement the annual scope of work.
· Oversee the finances and internal controls of the organization and the annual budget.
· Ensure that the budget and annual scope of work are aligned.
· Mentor association’s staff members in their responsibilities. Currently four positions; project and chief learning manager, bookkeeper, membership manager and public relations manager.
· Responsible for outlining the committee and volunteer involvement structure.
· Foster collaborative efforts to accomplish strategies.
· Establish an inclusive membership environment where there are strong relationships and varied volunteer opportunities.
· Coordinate the staff and volunteers to assure the scope of work is accomplished.
· Create culture that facilitates the highest level of customer service.
· Responsible for supporting the Board in providing them the materials, information and visioning to make strategic decisions.
· Lead association's activities regarding advocacy on issues impacting the industry; includes legislative and market advocacy.
· Position association as leader with other hospitality business organizations
· Create alliances with other hospitality associations.
· Serve as association’s spokesperson.
· Responsible for the oversight of the association’s brand.
· Research and secure opportunities for new developments that serve member’s needs.
· Identify and facilitate the application for members on new and innovative technology or trends.
· Liaison with AIHP’s corporate counsel and auditing firm
· Responsible for adhering to compliance with federal and state law.
· Ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.