What Does It take to be a Successful Association Professional?
- Strategic Thinking
- The commitment to provide innovative ways to assess, view and arrive at decisions to create positive future outcomes.
- Member Engagement
- The commitment toward members and partners to maintain strong relations and interactions that are valuable, and long-lasting.
- Education & Event Excellence
- The commitment to enhance professional growth and development with high level education offering delivered in an innovating and exceptional event experience.
- Operational Improvements
- The commitment to provide continuous effort to success in today’s environment of change and challenges.
This year's ORGPRO has been organized by these areas to broaden your understanding of association management. We encourage you to try different categories.
You will also have the choice to follow your specialty or diversify your knowledge base by attending a session outside of your field of practice.Take control of your professional development and the impact you can have at your organization.
Breakout Sessions by Time
Earn Continuing Education Credit
Certified Association Executive (CAE) | Thursday: 5 CEUs | Friday: 3.75 CEUs+
To sit for the CAE exam, applicants must complete 100 hours of continuing education related to the 9 domains of nonprofit management within 5 years and 40 hours in the past 3 years to recertify. Attendees may earn up to 8.75+ hours for the full conference. An additional 4 hours may be added by attending the EduTour.
Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) | Wednesday: 5 CEs Under Review* | Thursday: 3.75 CEs Under Review*
To sit for the CMP exam or recertify, applicants must complete 25 hours of continuing education related to the 9 domains in the EIC International Standards over the past 5 years. Attendees may earn up to 8.75 hours* for the full conference. An additional 4 hours may be added to both by attending the EduTour.
Government Meeting Specialist (GMS)
+ .25 hours may be added for participating the the Deeper Dive Session on Friday
Government Meeting Specialist is a national SGMP program recommended for all planners and suppliers seeking the knowledge needed to carry out functions of a meeting professional. Visit www.misgmp.org for more information.
*submitted for approval by the EIC