Call to Annual Meeting, Nominations and Proposed Bylaw Amendments
MSAE's Annual Membership Meeting will be held during our Annual Conference lunch on August 2, 2022, from 12:50 p.m. - 1:50 p.m. at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront. We hope you will join us! We have some important items on the agenda, including the election of new directors to the board and amendments to the bylaws.
MSAE's Board of Directors is pleased to present the slate proposed by the Leadership Identification Committee, chaired by Jared Burkhart, CAE. The slate includes:
- Jimmy Greene, President at Associated Builders & Contractors of Michigan
- Jean Jernigan, CAE, CMP, President, Auburn Hills Chamber of Commerce
- Erin McDonough, Executive Director at Insurance Alliance of Michigan
- Delaney McKinley, CAE, Vice President of Membership, Marketing & Events for Michigan Manufacturers Association
All candidates stand nominated to serve three-year terms on the Board of Directors. Barring the petition of any write-in candidates from Active Members, the slate will be accepted as presented at the Annual Meeting.
Also on the agenda are bylaw amendments that would increase the total possible seats on MSAE's board from 12 to 15 and designate one seat each for representatives from a convention and visitor's bureau, an association management company, and an industry partner. These changes reflect MSAE's intention to engage diverse industry voices in the association and expand leadership opportunities for members. We invite you to review the proposed amendments to the bylaws and let us know if you have questions or concerns.
Last but not least, we hope you will attend the full conference as we have a terrific experience planned for you, including:
- A pre-conference deep dive on Fostering a Strong Community Inclusive of DEIBA+A
- Immersive micro session experiences on: Bourbon & Cigars; The Perfect Combination, Local Flavor: Incorporating Regional Foods into Events, and Infusing Wellness into Your Programs: Namaste!
- Keynote Speakers include Mariama S. Boney, LMSW, CAE, CPEC, Mike Evans, NSP, TPF, ESL, and Arel Moodie
- Breakout Sessions from colleagues and subject matter experts
- Our very own Bay City Blues Fest made possible by our host venue and Go Great Lakes Bay featuring the soulful tunes of Soul XPress
You really don't want to miss this high-energy event! (Participants attending only the meeting portion of the event may check in at the conference registration desk to be issued voting credentials or a guest pass.)
We look forward to seeing you in Bay City!